Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Hello.

31st October 2016

Hope you have all had a wonderful day today.

this week we were super super busy. And really tiring. Had no time to really sit down and do things.

Well I just want to share with you something that has stood out to me this week through my studies.

In Mosiah King Benjamin talks to his people. And all the people face their tents towards the Temple (Love that one)

In Chapter 5 it is the end of his address. King Benjamin talks a bit about how once we make the covenant of Baptism with Christ we take upon ourselves his name. And this name is written on our hearts. As we have made a covenant with God that, this is one of the things that we would do. That we wold take upon ourselves the name of Christ. And Always remember him and the things that he has done for us, individually, what he has saved us from. I was thinking about this promise that we make and then this particular verse stood out to me (Mosiah 5:12) "I say unto you that ye should remember to retain the name written in your hearts.."

It stood out to me because a lot of the time. I forget. I forget small trivial things, but they aren't important. Because of my weaknesses in memory I forget what Christ has done for me. I forget that it was him who suffered and died on that cross, so that I may be able to overcome sin and Death, with his Resurrection and his Atonement. I forget these things. And it is something that I must remember. and retain in Remembrance, the covenant that I have made to Always Remember Him, and to take upon myself his name. To be a witness at All times, In all things, and In all places.

Love you all
Elder Jackson Fankhauser.
Australia Brisbane Mission

May 2015 - May 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment